The FAYHA CHOIR, established since 2003, and conducted ever since by Maestro Barkev Taslakian, is sponsored by Azm & Saada Association. It supports the choir financially and morally, which helps it to improve and perform at its best, locally or internationally.
The choir is composed of nearly 40 males and females members, from Tripoli and suburbs citizens, who represent the Lebanese population with all its religions, social, political, economical affiliations. The choir’s repertoire includes Arabic (Lebanese, Syrian, Egyptian, Palestinian, Iraqi, Bedwin, Andaloussi...) oriental, as well as French, English, Latin, Armenian and other songs. This diversity reflects the choir’s openness to the human heritage, almost all Arabic songs are arranged by Edward Torikian.
The Choir aim to:
· Develop and spread the Arabic Music, and show its importance and richness.
· Show the real civilized image of Lebanon and Arab countries.
- Born in Anjar (Lebanon) 1964, he was turned to music since his early boyhood, playing on different musical instruments, without any previous musical education.
- Early 1980’s, realizing the urge to be musically educated, and not having the means for it, he tried to be self-educated with notes and different aspects of music.* 1986 he started conducting the “Ardzivian” choir, and there-on his musical journey began.
- 1992 till 1998 he studied and practiced conducting with conductor Maestro Harutyun Topikyan and composer Professor Yervand Yerkanyan. They both taught him at Parsegh Kanatchian musical academy in Beirut.
- Since 1997 he attends yearly courses in Armenia with different musicians and conductors.
- As of now, he conducted:
· ARDZIVIAN Choir (Anjar
· KOMITAS Choir (Anjar)
· St. PERGITCH Choir (Beirut)
· KOUSSAN Choir (Beirut)
· KOMITAS Chamber Choir (Yerevan, Armenia)
· HOMENETMEN SCOUT MARCHING BAND (Anjar)